To make his return to competitive action, Barcelona striker Luis Suarez was cleared after knee surgery in January.
Since the Supercopa defeat in January, Suarez hasn’t played at Atletico Madrid. The coronavirus pause gave him another chance to contribute to the season of Barça, while he thought when he would have said goodbye to the season when he went under the knife.
“Luis Suarez is ready for the return,” said Barça. “147 days after an operation, the Uruguayan striker received an all-clear medical service from the club and is available for selection as Barça gets ready for action on 13 June at 10 pm CEST away from Mallorca.”
The green light for Suarez came after a special training session at Camp Nou on Saturday, asrevealed. Suarez trained with the team as normal, while Lionel Messi had been working alone.
Suarez had an operation on Jan. 12 and he is available for coach Quique Setien for the first time after nearly five months of recovery work, mainly during the lockdown.